Sunday, August 17, 2014

Here they come! Menu for the first week of classes

Although we have been up at school this summer taking care of various tasks, school is officially back in session, with students returning on Monday.  

Hold on - it's sure to be an interesting ride!!

Here's the menu plan:
Sunday~ Tacos and layered bean dip.  Easy and casual for the night before school.
Monday~ Open-faced roast beef sandwiches and gravy.  I made homemade bread on Saturday, and we'll use that for the base.  Roast that I cooked last week will make up the 'filling'.  And I made stock from the bones, so I'll dress that up for gravy.  Homey and comforting - just right for the first day with kids.
Tuesday~ Indoor burgers.  Instead of grilling them outside, I'll pull out the grill pan and take care of business inside.
Wednesday~ Spaghetti.  My family's favorite comfort food.
Thursday~ Bourbon chicken, tossed salad, rice, green beans.  (The chicken has no actual bourbon in it!)  I made rice on Saturday, so we'll polish it off tonight.
Friday~ Breakfast, or Italian Sloppy Joes if we have spaghetti sauce left over.
Saturday~ TBD.  I *do* know we'll enjoy some rest.

What's on your menu?  

1 comment:

Pary Moppins said...

Your menu looks delicious! I only wish I could make bread. All of my attempts have failed miserably. :)