Monday, January 6, 2014

Menu Plan Monday - January edition!

We are back at work, and it's a balmy 38 degrees with a wind chill of 28 in the Sunshine State.  Brrr!  My thin blood is not used to temps like this!!!

We are in the midst of a Pantry Challenge, where I am trying to avoid unnecessary trips to the grocery store, and using up what we have.  I've mapped out our plan for the month here, but this is the plan for the week ahead:


5 - I left it open.  We had leftovers (lots of them)! No cooking for mom!
6 - Back to Work.  Sticky chicken, collards, cheese & cracker salad, fried okra (purchased when Airman Son was home for Christmas)
7 - Breakfast for Dinner: cheese grits, bacon, eggs, fruit smoothies
8 - 11:  Mom is out of town at a conference.  It is the sincere wish that the guys will eat some leftovers, but if they go out, I will not be surprised.

I'm posting the actual food we eat right here every day.  It helps keep me honest.  And when I decide to do a challenge again, I can see what kind of progress or pitfalls lie ahead!

Have a great week and stay warm!

No comments: