Sunday, January 12, 2014

January Pantry Challenge Week 3

I'm not sure if last week really counts in the pantry challenge, because I was out of town most of the week and forced to eat out (I flew to my destination, so could not bring food with me), and my guys ate out a lot too.

But this week, we are back at it, as there is money to be saved and leftovers to be used up.

I made a plan at the beginning of the month, but this week, there will be some adaptations to use up items still lingering in the fridge.  Here's the original plan...I'll be posting what we actually eat each day right here.

12 - Back home.  Spaghetti and cheese bread.  Salad if we have the fixin's for it.
13 - Italian sloppy joes 
14 - Beef tips and whole wheat egg noodles, broccoli
15 - Frozen pizza
16 - BBQ chicken, collards, homemade mac'n'cheese (with butternut squash mixed into the cheese sauce), fried okra if I feel like making it
17 - Macho nachos
18 - Roast turkey, mashed potatoes, greens


Check out Menu Plan Monday and 
to be inspired and share your menu stories!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love the idea of a pantry challenge. I could probably do a few days of this myself. We live in a small apartment so our pantry is not that big. Here is what I'm planning on cooking this week: http://table4twoplease.blogspot.com/2014/01/menu-plan-monday-1132014.html